Pioneers of the Benthic Depths
- If a player is not ready when his/her turn comes up in the initiative tracker, that player’s turn will be delayed until after the next player, NPC or enemy in the tracker, and the player’s initiative will continue to be after this other party from then on.
- Rolls of 1 on saves are auto-fails.
- Rolls of 1 on weapon attack rolls prompts a “fumble threat” roll, against the target’s AC. Failure on this roll results in the attacker losing all subsequent attacks, and becoming flat-footed. A roll of 1 on this “fumble threat” causes the attacker to fall prone
- Rolls of 1 on touch or ranged touch spells prompt a “fumble threat” roll, against the target’s touch AC. Failure on this roll results in the attacker losing the spell, and becoming flat-footed. A roll of 1 on this “fumble threat” causes the spell to backfire, and affect the attacker as though he was the target.
- A natural 20 to confirm any critical maximizes the damage. For example: A 20 on a threat roll with a Str of 10 with a longsword will deal 16 damage (2d8, maximized). In the case of spells, either the damage or duration will be maximized.